Monday, May 26, 2008

Third Culture Kid (TCK) 1st-Ever Teleclass with Ruth Van Reken

Brice Royer, the Founder and Admin Guy of various TCK Communities such as TCKid.com and the TCK Facebook group, has asked us to invite you to an upcoming special event for Third Culture Kids (TCKs). Here is some of the official text:

"Are you a "Third Culture Kid" or adult? Are you a parent, family member or teacher and feel like you want to learn more about this Third Culture way of life? Just about every TCK we talk to has occasional questions and some frustration when it comes to belonging, their relationships, and the Third Culture way of life.

What do you think Ruth Van Reken, co-author of Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds, and Paulette Bethel, an international transition coach, have discovered over their careers serving expatriate communities through various forms of trainings, on-site workshops, and writing, that can help you? Plenty.

In this teleclass, you will learn:
1. How do I sort out who I am and where I belong when I can't get past the feeling of belonging "everywhere and nowhere?"
2. How can I make and maintain friendships with non-TCKs and TCKs?
3. How do I deal with the grief I still feel from long ago losses of country and friends?
4. How do I stop restlessness, and the cycles of separation and loss I continue to create for myself because I can't seem to stay in one place more than 2-3 years?
5. How do I learn to recognize and develop fully the gifts I received from this TCK experience?
...and there is more on the site.

This is an exciting event because it's the first teleclass held for TCKs. It has never been done before. You can ask Ruth and Paulette your questions live by email or on the phone. It's like a conference but without any travel or conference fees -- you can listen to it online or on the phone. And it's completely free. You can get all the details about this teleclass (and a list of some of the questions they are going to be answering) here. Hurry, spaces are filling fast. Date: Soon!"

To read ExpatWomen.com's 2007 interview with Ruth Van Reken, please Click Here.

To read the ExpatWomen.com TCK Expat Confession featured this month, please Click Here.

No comments:

Share This: