Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good News For Expat Spouses In Malaysia

Hi Everyone, In the Permits Foundation newsletter this week, they announced that new regulations allow spouses to take paid employment in Malaysia:

"The Malaysian Immigration Department has published new regulations that allow spouses on a Dependent Pass to take paid employment after obtaining an endorsement in the passport by the Immigration Department. They no longer need their own Employment Pass or Visit Pass Temporary Employment.

A job offer is required and the employer needs to have approval from the relevant authority / agency (MIDA / MDEC / Central Bank of Malaysia / Securities Commission / Public Service Department of Malaysia).

At the same time, husbands of Employment Pass holders may now apply for a Dependant Pass. Previously, they were only eligible for a Long Term Social Visit Pass.

The application can be made in Malaysia and no fees are made for the endorsement to work, beyond the normal cost of a dependant's pass.
The changes, which are effective 20 November 2008, are published at: http://www.imi.gov.my/eng/perkhidmatan/im_PegawaiDagang.asp#new"

No comments:

Share This: