Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Expatistan: New Website Comparing International Cost of Living

Hi Everyone, Thanks to an interview on Megan Fitzgerald's great Career By Choice blog, I learnt this week about a very cool online tool for anyone interested in comparing how much it costs to live in different countries. The website is called Expatistan and it could prove a wonderful resource for current and wannabe expats.

Expatistan was created by Spanish software engineer, Gerardo Robledillo, who currently lives as an expat in Prague, Czech Republic. Gerardo also created World Taxi Meter (an online international taxi fare calculator) and 360 cities (an online community for panoramic photographers). To read more about Gerardo in Megan's interview, just click here.

To try Expatistan's cost of living comparison tool, just click here.

...Be warned however... when I tried the tool, it told me that my current city was 78% cheaper to live in than my home city... which means I probably won't be going home anytime soon!  Andrea :-)

No comments:

Share This: