Friday, June 11, 2010

Brilliant Social Media Video

Hi Everyone, If you only watch one this month, I highly recommend that you watch Social Media Revolution 2 (Refresh).  I believe it is put out by Erik Qualman (author of SocialNomics) in association with Hult International Business School.  The video is lively, it's professional, it's insightful and it's... brilliant.

Is Social Media a fad, or the biggest shift since the Industrial Revolution?

Some of the facts it shares at the beginning (to groovy music):

  • 50% of the world's population are under 30;
  • 96% of Millennials (aka Generation Y) have joined a social network;
  • Facebook tops Google (!) for weekly traffic on the web;
  • 1 in 8 couples married in the United States met via social networks; and
  • If Facebook were a country, it would be the 3rd largest in the world, behind China and India.
But that is only the beginning... I encourage you to click here and enjoy it for yourself. 

Expat entrepreneurs, freelancers, relocation companies and service providers, take notes.

Have a fantastic weekend, Andrea.

1 comment:

Sarah Fraser said...

Wow - some of these facts and figures are astounding! Thanks for sharing! I have a Facebook page for my coaching business (facebook.com/happinessexpress) and am now becoming increasingly aware that I might need some Twitter activity too! The trick I guess is to be smart about what you do and don't do...otherwise your whole day could be spent virtually, and I know I need real people face-to-face from time to time!

Share This: