Hi Everyone, If you only watch one this month, I highly recommend that you watch Social Media Revolution 2 (Refresh). I believe it is put out by Erik Qualman (author of SocialNomics) in association with Hult International Business School. The video is lively, it's professional, it's insightful and it's... brilliant.
Is Social Media a fad, or the biggest shift since the Industrial Revolution?
Some of the facts it shares at the beginning (to groovy music):
- 50% of the world's population are under 30;
- 96% of Millennials (aka Generation Y) have joined a social network;
- Facebook tops Google (!) for weekly traffic on the web;
- 1 in 8 couples married in the United States met via social networks; and
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the 3rd largest in the world, behind China and India.
Expat entrepreneurs, freelancers, relocation companies and service providers, take notes.
Have a fantastic weekend, Andrea.