Thursday, July 30, 2009

Moving to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!

Hi Everyone, It has been a little quiet on this blog of late because my family and I are moving next week to international assignment number three: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

From Australia, to Indonesia, to Mexico, to Australia... and now to Malaysia... I suppose I will be what you call an expat-repat-expat... or something like that. For those of you living in KL, please reach out and help me out a little. :-)

For those of you overwhelmed with your own intenational move right now, hang in there - there is usually light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks and best wishes always, Andrea.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Andrea, I work as an estate agent in Kuala Lumpur, and our job is to help expats to find for their home in Kuala Lumpur. There are also lots of society in Kuala Lumpur for you to join with. Full of interesting things to see around the Golden Triangle Area, and the world famous Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur. There is a magazine called The Expat, which you can also find at www.expatkl.com. it gives you lots of general information about what you can expect, including schools, hospital, embassies information are all there. Hope you enjoy the life in KL soon.

Expat Women said...

Hi Sharon, Thanks so much for the positive vibe and tips for KL. Hope to meet you soon - feel free to email me anytime! Best wishes, Andrea.
andreaweb at expatwomen dot com

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Adrienne said...

Hi Andrea

I hope the move goes smoothly for you. Enjoy the great food. Send news when you get a moment to catch your breath. All is well here in Mexico.

Besos
Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea,
I am a Malaysian, currently living in Birmingham, England. I do miss KL - it's a great cosmopolitan city, and the expat community are pretty close knit (my sister is married to one). There are plenty of things to see and do, and I really envy you having warm sunshine, spacious homes, being central for escaping to holiday destinations locally and around SEA and fab food whenever you want. You are going to have a great time!

Christine DS

Expat Women said...

Thanks Christine! So far, I love KL and all the fabulous people here. Thanks for your good wishes and reciprocal best wishes for Birmingham! Andrea.

Unknown said...

hello.. welcome to malaysia...
im proud to be malaysian..
feels free to ask anything from me... =)

Share This: