Friday, November 7, 2008

The Myths Of Working Abroad

Hi Everyone, If you have contemplated working abroad, but have always found a reason not to go, take a look at Stacie Nevadomski Berdan's great two-part series (on w2wlink - a community dedicated to professional women) that refutes the following 10 myths of women working abroad...

Myth #1: Women don’t do as well as men overseas.
Myth #2: Women aren’t accepted as equals in international business circles.
Myth #3: It’s only for young/junior professionals.
Myth #4: I can’t go; I’m married.
Myth #5: I can’t go; I have children.
Myth #6: I don’t speak a second language.
Myth #7: My market is the most important, fastest-growing place for business.
Myth #8: It’s not necessary in my field or industry.
Myth #9: Out of site, out of mind.
Myth #10: Such transfers are few and far between.

Read Countering The Myths Of Working Abroad - Part 1

Read Countering The Myths Of Working Abroad - Part 2

About Stacie:
Stacie is a co-author of the book Get Ahead By Going Abroad: A Woman's Guide To Fast-Track Career Success. We interviewed Stacie as one of our Expat Women Success Stories earlier this year. You can read our interview with Stacie here.

Thanks and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Share This: