Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bloggers: Heard of Voki?

I saw something very, very cool on a blog tonight that I have never seen before: a Voki. What is a Voki? Basically, a speaking avatar that you can use on your blog for free!

The official Voki definition goes as follows: "Voki enables users to express themselves on the web in their own voice using a talking character. You can customize your Voki to look like you or take on the identity of lots of other types of characters… animals, monsters, anime etc. Your Voki can speak with your own voice which is added via microphone, upload, or phone.Voki lives on your blog, social network profile and will soon be integrated in various instant messaging platforms. You will also be able to download it to most video supported phones. "Voki" is a combination of "vox", which is Latin for voice, and "Loki", which, is a prankster character in Norse Mythology."

Thanks go to our newest Expat Women Blog Directory member, Tamara of American Girls in Moscow, for introducing me to Voki. If you would like to see Voki(s) in action, check out Tamara's blog, as she features one for herself and one for each of her two beautiful daughters. :-)

Warmest regards, Andrea.

1 comment:

MoscowMom said...

Thanks for the "shout out" :-) My girls had such fun making their Vokis; they love to look at them over and over again. The grandparents love watching them, too; this miss the girls' sweet voices and can't easily call whenever they want to because of the time zones. I look forward to reading more in your blog! I was surprised to find that no other blog were listed for Russia... I'm not aware of any others in Moscow, either, and I'd love to find more bloggers around here! I do know of one in St. Petersburg, though; I'll forward her the information about expat women :-)

Share This: