Hi Everyone, Whilst it might be a bit late for you to submit a comprehensive entry for this year's competition, here is a wonderful competition you might like to diarize for next year. It is the Cartier Women's Initiative Awards and 2011 entries are due March 15.
Here are some criteria details:
"The project to be considered for the Cartier Women's Initiative Awards must be an original for-profit business creation in the initial phase (1-3 years old) led by a woman.
- The “for-profit” requirement: the business submitted for the Award must be designed to generate revenues. We do not accept non-profit project proposals.
- The “originality” requirement: we want your project to be a new concept, conceived and imagined by the founder and her team and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business.
- The “initial phase” requirement: the project you submit should be in the first stages of its development with one year of operations and sales to account for but no older than 3-4 years. The ‘age’ of the company will not be measured solely on the basis of the date of incorporation. The development and size of the company will also be taken into account.
- The main leadership position must be filled by a woman. A good command of English is required (both verbal and written) to take full advantage of the benefits the Award has to offer.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or the age of legal majority in their respective countries or states of citizenship, whichever is older, on the day of the application deadline of March 15, 2011."
Here are the details about how to apply.
Here you can read about the 2010 Laureates. The awards ceremony for 2011 will be held in France in October. I look forward to reading about this year's winners! Andrea